Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Dining Room Progress

Pin It

I'm hesitant to say dining room reveal because there are still several finishing touches I would like to make.  So, for now, I will say dining room progress.

  Here is my to-do list:

New chandelier
Hang mirror
Plates around mirror
Centerpiece for table

When we left off last week, I had shared the dresser, accessories, and wall art.


The table is from World Market and the white slipcovered chairs are from Ikea.  They are large chairs!  If I had chosen smaller chairs I could easily fit 6 around the table.  At first, I was regretting my chair purchase...but after a having people over a few times in the last month I feel good about it.  The chairs are comfy enough that people naturally gather in the dining room to chat, almost similar to a living room.


The pillows are from the outdoor section of Pottery Barn, they were on clearance for $13.  Now is a great time to check out patio markdowns for affordable pillows!

I was so happy that World Market now carries this glass drying rack for $14.99!  I am not sure where it is going to live for good, but for now I threw it on the table as a centerpiece.  I have been wanting a piece like this for some time and have seen it on websites for as much as $60.  I just couldn't bring myself to pay that much.


From this angle you can see how the aqua paint color on the dresser ties in with the powder room.  You also get a peek at my striped entry wall and how the lighter gray in the entry compliments the darker gray in the dining room.


Here was the dining room at the beginning of August.  It was a busy month!  We replaced the flooring, repainted the dresser and got new knobs, added more pictures and repainted the mats, painted the mirror, and got a new dining table.
  
 BEFORE:

AFTER:


Here is the view to our dining room from the foyer hallway:


Dining Room Source List:

Paint Color - Sherwin Williams Dorian Gray
Curtains - Target
Table - World Market
Chairs - Ikea
Large Mirror - Garage sale find
Accessories - Home Goods, World Market, Pottery Barn

Be sure to check out more before and afters here!

TDC Before and After

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Love the new glass rack and those chairs are comfy!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...