Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Rambling about a knit dress

Pin It

I haven't being sewing nearly as much, or at the level, that I have done in years past.  In fact, this is the first year my kids have gone back to school that I have not been buried in orders.  Up until recently, I sewed around 25-30 hours a week.

  It's been a bittersweet time for me, I find that the less I create, the less creative I become in that area.  Plus, way down deep inside, I know the reason I am not sewing as much is that Evie is just simply growing up.  On the flipside, I have soooo enjoyed having time to decorate in my house, cook more, and spend more time with friends.  

My design group is having a launch tonight and I did come up with this little knit dress.  I know that this comfy dress will get lots of love and wear, but I can't help but miss the over the top appliqued and ruffly sets.  After all, the custom boutique design world is what pushed me to even start a blog!


I use a mish mash of patterns to create this style, some day soon I hope to get it in gear and show a tutorial.  :)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Love the dress! So cute and it looks comfy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...