Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Welcome September

Pin It
I hope you are having a wonderful holiday weekend!

Our day has consisted of laundry, Storage Wars reruns, and cleaning the garage.  The garage was the last room that really needed some more attention in the unpacking department.

For breakfast we welcomed September with pumpkin pancakes.  Nothing fancy, I just added 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg to my regular Bisquick pancakes.  I know Bisquik has something bad for you in it, but it's ok with me.  I have tried several brands of baking mix, including organic and homemade, I simply like the way Bisquik pancakes taste the best.



Bring on September and October, definitely my favorite time of year!  I have been pinning like crazy to my fall food and harvest decor boards.  There are too many yummy recipes and cute decorating ideas, I know I will not even be able to scratch the surface in the few short months of autumn.

While it was not cold today, it was overcast and drizzly so for dinner we had a fall/winter staple, Crockpot Beef Stew.  I found this recipe several years ago and modified it to fit my needs.  It could not be easier!



Crockpot Beef Stew
Beef Stew Meat - about 1 pound
Can of tomato soup
Can of water - more for thinner stew
Salt
Pepper
Onion & garlic flakes
3 potatoes
Vegetables (whatever you have on hand)

Sear the stew meat like you would a beef roast.  Throw all the ingredients together in the crockpot and cook on high for about 5-6 hours.  This recipe allows me to use up whatever veggies I have in the fridge! Today I used frozen corn and baby carrots.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...