Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

Fall Vignettes

Pin It



This week I have been working on decorating the dining room for Autumn.

I am no expert on creating vignettes, but here is the way I do it.

Step 1.  Clear the surface and start with a clean slate.
Step 2.  Gather any and all items you think you "might" want to use in your vignette.
Step 3.  Begin layering items

When I layer in my items, I try to start with taller items in the center then work my way out and down.  I move things around, add in items, take items out, and just basically play until my eye feels happy.



 I was inspired by the mixing of textures and finishes of Pottery Barn fall displays I have seen.  I combined rustic elements, like the picture frame, with different colors of gold, silver, and mercury glass.



 The gourd and pumpkins were from HomeGoods


I picked up the urn and picture frame at Hobby Lobby.  The paper leaves and moss came from Dollar Tree.
The free printable came from here.

I also added some cozy placemats to the table.  The candleholders were on clearance at Anthropologie.  I like to have a little centerpiece on the table, but don't like it to be something that always has to be moved or gets in the way of conversation.  I am happy with this little platter of lavender and candles.




I am really wanting to add some items on the wall to fill in around the mirror.
  I picked up these plates at TJ Maxx for  $7 and am thinking them over.


I also picked up this little gal at HomeGoods, isn't she caauute?!!
 I don't think I will put her out until a little later in October though.



The Lettered Cottage

6 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

SOOOO pretty! i love love love that dresser/sideboard! gorgeous!

Stephanie said...

Love it all! So cozy and fallish... is that a word?

Tattered Tulips said...

Thank you, Cassie! I love your blog, just added it so I can follow you. Luv ya, Stephanie ;)

Reunion Committee said...

So very very cute! Love it!
~Tana

Brandy~GreyLaneHome said...

Beautiful vignette. I love the variety of pumpkins you used.

Honey at 2805 said...

Your vignette on the sideboard is charming! It looks happy! I would be delighted for you to link to Potpourri Friday, in progress!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...