Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Our Entryway Striped Wall & Harvest Decor

Pin It
I am slowly starting to put out some autumn decor.  I have been gathering ideas on Pinterest and saving them to my Harvest Decor board.

One idea I immediately fell in love with was these brown paper flowers.  Using her instructions and $.50 worth of lunch sacks from the dollar store, this is how my version turned out.


 The chalkboard was made from one of our kitchen cabinet doors and a quart of schoolhouse green chalkboard paint.   (the cabinet door had a few small scratches and the builder replaced the one in the kitchen, but left me the damaged one.  I am glad they did!) I am far from being a good chalkboard artist, but I enjoy changing the quotes every few weeks.

Aside from the paper flowers, raffia pumpkins, burlap pumpkin, and acorn...this is pretty much how the entry area looks all the time.  I would like to maybe add a few more clocks and I definitely need to finish the stool project.  You might remember that I picked up the stool (and the wire basket) while antique shopping with the kids.






I think it will probably take the whole month of September, maybe longer, for me to get all the whole house decorated the way I want for Autumn....but that's ok!  Not rushing will give me plenty of time to sit and watch the leaves change.

Check out more transformations by clicking here. 
Find many more DIY ideas over at {aka}design by clicking here.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love the touches of fall and your chalkboard art! You can't beat 50 cent decor!!! Looks fab!

Cassie Bustamante said...

this is gorgeous! love the paper flowers and the stripes! saw you over at fox hollow! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...