Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Dining Room Week ~ Dresser Details

Pin It
Today I want to focus on the details of the dresser turned buffet that is in the dining room.  When we first moved into the house, I begged my hubby to paint our old bedroom dresser coral.  I quickly learned that a little coral goes a long way.  After about a month he (a little uncheerfully) repainted it light aqua for me.  If you are looking close, the bottoms of the feet still need a little touch up.

Aaahhh....much better.


I wanted the dining room to have a mostly neutral feeling.

  My goals for the dresser area were to mix textures and finishes.  The mirror and candlesticks are ornate the linen runner and lavender bundle are more rustic...you get the idea!  I also wanted to have a spot where I could change things easily and put out seasonal decor.

Arranging areas and tabletops like this can be overwhelming so I created a "Vignettes" board on Pinterest to give me ideas on what arrangements look best.  You can see follow my board by clicking here.

I would still like to hang the mirror instead of just leaning it on the dresser and add plates or something around the mirror, similar to these rooms I found on Pinterest.

The inside of the dresser is still coral and a fun little surprise when you open the drawers.  I use the drawers to store candles, extra linens, and small decor items I am not using at the moment


The knobs are from Hobby Lobby and cost about $40, but that's not bad considering I needed 16 knobs for this dresser!  Knobs and pulls are always 50% off at Hobby Lobby and I love scoping out that aisle every time I am there to see what they have added.


The large mirror was a $15 garage sale find.
  I painted it white and sanded a few spots to reveal the gold underneath.


The linen table runner and lamp were Home Goods finds.


The candlesticks were on big time clearance at Pottery Barn.  The little bundle of lavender or herbs...not sure...was on clearance in the Smith & Hawken garden section of Target.  I also picked up the little candle in the same section for $4.50.  I love the simplicity of the candle and the way it reflects on the candle sticks when burning.


The ceramic pheasants were a Goodwill find that I was unsure about, but my BFF insisted I buy them and I am glad she did.  :)



2 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

That looks really nice. Great color and cute knobs. You should share these things at link parties.

Cassie Bustamante said...

i am so loving your blog! lovely! off to subscribe now

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...