Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

DIY Dry Erase Menu

Pin It
 
My best friend. over at room*6, has a lot of practical organization tips.  Unfortunately, organizing solutions just do not come natural to me and I copy her ideas whenever I can!

  One tip is her method for menu planning.  Instead of planning what she will cook each specific day in advance, she makes a more flexible menu plan of 10-12 dinners than she can cook anytime over the two weeks between grocery trips.  She leaves her menu on the counter so it is easy to see for both herself and the family.  After each dinner item is prepared, she simply crosses it off her list.



On my last trip to the grocery store I lost my list and my menu I had written for myself.  I decided it was a good time to put her tips into practice for my own home.  Plus, I had a large empty wall between the cabinets and the back door that happens to be very visible when you enter from the front door.

AHA!  It was the perfect place for a functional and beautiful menu.

After perusing some ideas on Pinterest, including many chalkboard menus...I decided to use an Ikea Ung Drill frame as a dry erase menu board.  The frame is large enough to fill the wall and I like the ornate look.  It cost $29.99.



I spray painted the frame white and added ticking stripe that I fell in love with at Hobby Lobby...done and ready for menu planning!

A white ceramic creamer and sugar set place on the counter holds my dry erase markers and extra chalk for the canisters.


Check out one of my favorite blogs, akadesign, for many more DIY ideas!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Love the ornate menu board. It compliments your space beautifully and functional!!! Thanks for the shout out ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...