Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

In Progress Functional Gallery Wall

Pin It
The wall above my desk has been slowly coming together.
  It's transforming into a functional gallery wall that I can easily add more to when I find items I like.



The wire basket over the printer holds paper and labels within close reach.  The chalkboard is ready and waiting when I need to jot myself a note.



  Do you remember when I picked up this metal thingy at Midland Antiques?  Little laundry clips and magnets make it easy for me to save and change whatever is speaking to me at the moment.


This morning, I heard a song called "I Was Here"  from Beyonce that I had never heard before and this song is what is speaking to me today.  I made a little printable to clip up on my screen to remind me to be "here" for my family today.  Sometimes it's easy for me to get caught up on blogs, Pinterest, Facebook...whatever else.  It's good for me to have a visual reminder that I can mean something to my kids lives today.


I wanna leave my footprints on the sands of time
Know there was something that, meant something that I left behind
When I leave this world, I'll leave no regrets
Leave something to remember, so they won't forget

I was here

I lived, I loved
I was here
I did, I've done everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be
I will leave my mark so everyone will know
I was here

I want to say I lived each day, until I died

And know that I meant something in, somebody's life
The hearts I have touched, will be the proof that I leave
That I made a difference, and this world will see
 

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Love the words to that song, I am proud of you!

Michelle said...

Your metal "thingie" looks like an oven rack! :) Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...