Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

Midland Art & Antiques

Pin It
Downtown Indianapolis is blessed with one of the coolest antique malls I have ever visited.  I have been coming here since I was pregnant with McKinley and even when he was a baby I would lug him around here in the baby carrier. 

Two toddlers does not lend itself to browsing antique malls though, and until two weeks ago, it had been years since I had gone to Midland.  I blogged about my trip with McKinley here.  Evie missed out on that trip and has been asking to go. So today, we went.  I didn't take many pictures of the inside on our first trip, so what the heck, I am re-blogging about Midland Antiques with more pictures this time.



The mall used to be an old warehouse that made doors and woodwork.  There is tons of exposed brick, original wood flooring, an old freight elevator, concrete beams...the list goes on!  Seriously, just the old building is as cool as the stuff they are selling.

Here is how it looks when you enter.



I have seen a lot of blogs and pins where people are talking about painted upholstery.  We spotted these painted chairs and they looked as impractical and uncomfortable as I would imagine painted fabric to look.   But, hey, if you are into painted upholstery, please don't let my opinions stop you!


Here were some cool booths and furniture pieces that caught our eye.


The very creepy freight elevator shaft, I wouldn't be caught near that at night!


This huge lantern caught my eye and I would love to have it in my foyer...but alas, $4,200 is not in the lighting budget right now.


I thought this little beauty was a great price at $199, I hope she finds her way to a good home.



There is tons of neat woodworking detail like this staircase, that you would not expect to see in a factory, scattered around the mall.  When I asked about it, the worker told me that the factory had used it as advertising of their woodworking skills.


Here are the kids carrying out our goodies.  (I will share about them later)


We topped off our shopping trip with chili cheese fries from Johnny Rocket's.  It was a good day.  :)



2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Luke and I want to go next time ;)

Tattered Tulips said...

Absolutely, Stephanie! After next week, we could go anytime...just you, me and Lukey.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...