Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

When projects don't work....

Pin It
Do you remember the last time I showed you my entry way...this was before we repainted everything to light blue...
I loved the leaf prints against the green...but against the light blue they did not work at all, they just blended into the lighter wall color.


I had the idea to repaint the canvases and spray adhesive these fun photo letters that I found at Hobby Lobby for $1.99 each to them.  (In case you are wondering the letters spell our last name.  lol) Well the project came out pretty good!  However...it looked horrible above the new mirror I picked up for over the dresser.    (If you haven't heard this...mirrors brighten up spaces and it's true!  I love what that little mirror has done for my entry.)  The scale was way too large.
 
Here is a grainy picture I took with my phone to give show you how it looked.


On my last trip to Ikea I picked up some Ribba frames and the scale is much better!  I also snagged a large wire basket for $2.49 that fits perfectly under the dresser.  It's a great place to stash things that need "returned"...such as library books or Target purchases gone wrong.

I am keeping the canvases and will use them somewhere else in the house.  ;)  So there is my project that didn't quite work out, more sneaks of my new paint color, and my new entry mirror.

Now I have to make a decision on if  I want to paint that dresser or leave it stained...I am on the lookout for a new lamp...I need to pick up some Rub 'N Buff for the dresser knobs...look for a new rug...it never ends!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Your entry looks fabulous! I love the little dish for keys!
And the basket! My dryer is my dumping spot...maybe I should try a basket!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...