Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Map Art

Pin It
I think maps are so interesting and beautiful...so do a lot of others because it seems like maps are everywhere right now!   This picture is one of the first things I pinned when I joined Pinterest.  I loved the vertical trio of frames with the tall lamp.

 When we repainted the living room (which I promise I will show you the whole room soon!!) the poster I had in between the windows did not feel quite right.  I remembered 3 pictures frames I had been using on my old gallery wall that I had stuffed in the closet...they worked perfectly!

What I love most is that this project was free and is meaningful to our family.  The top map is of our town, the middle map is of my husband's state, and the bottom map we collected on a trip to Disney.  I think one of the most important things I have learned from bloggerdom is the realization that I do not have to spend a lot on my wall art.  (please pretend not to notice that one curtain is shorter than the other, it's on my "list" ....you probably have one of those "lists" too, right?!)

In case you have forgotten, here was the same wall just a few weeks ago!  Don't worry, in a decorating switch the poster (which I still love) has been relocated to the old gallery wall. 



1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Love the wall map art and that you repurposed your frames. It looks mapulous! LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...