Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sugar & spice...and new canisters

Pin It

A few weeks ago I shared my inspiration for new chalkboard canisters.  The little project is complete and I am loving the new corner of my kitchen!


  Things have been busy around here the last week or so and I haven't had much time to cook in my new space.  I had the opportunity last night and I am so happy with the way things turned out!  I have to admit the whole Ikea knife magnet used to creep me out...but having my knives, canisters, and most used spices (kosher salt, black pepper, minced onion, minced garlic, seasoning salt, and Italian seasoning) right there above long counter makes cooking very seamless!

The chalkboard canisters were the perfect choice for me!  I am thinking of adding one more for powdered sugar or whatever else I might be using at the moment.  I love that the chalkboard allows me to rewrite what is in the canister and play with the "fonts."


I really wanted the metal scoops and my BFF saw them at Walmart...I ran out that day and picked them up!  They were $3.97 for 3.   The canisters were from Target and chalkboard contact paper came from Amazon.


In case you had forgotten here was my little kitchen corner before:



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...