Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

7th Birthday

Pin It
I know every mom says this...but seriously...where does the time go? I cannot believe my baby girl is 7! Yesterday was her birthday and in my true fashion I waited until about Wednesday to start planning her party.


Because our house is small and gets hot in the summer, I decided to order pizza. I invited my mom, dad, sisters, and BFF's family. My planning also morphed into a Soda Shop theme...

Stephanie over at room*6 whipped up one of her signature patchwork skirts on Friday for Evie to wear! Make sure you check out her Etsy store! I found the free birthday printable on Pinterest.



Welcome to Evie's Soda Shop! I admit...I wanted to buy cool looking bottles of different soda flavors...but after much debate in the grocery store, I knew the kids would love the little cans and they were $15 cheaper.


I made the little signs in photoshop and my sister helped me with the pizza banner...she also taught me how to make the tissue pom pom's. The "sundae" cupcakes were topped with little cherry candies, sprinkles, and a straw. I was going to do an ice cream toppings bar...but again...after pricing it out root beer floats were more affordable and my kids LOVE them! I did pick up a set of Mason jars to use as our frosty mugs. We rounded out the soda shop with a bright tablecloth, strawberry lemonade, and a little candy bar for the kids to make goody bags.




The kids had a blast and loved their root beer floats!


Happy Birthday dear, sweet Evie! I love you so much!


2 comments:

Kristen said...

This is adorable! I love the pop of colors. I'm glad she had a fun party. I will never believe that you pulled this together in a couple of days- no way. :)

Stephanie said...

It was a great party! Thank you for the invite and shameless plug!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...