Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

To Paint or Not To Paint...

Pin It that is the question I am struggling with right now. I have a beautiful desk that was my grandma's...she had it in her living room as long as I can ever remember. When she passed away, I inherited the desk and put it in McKinley's room. With his new storage (more about that later) the desk didn't fit in his room anymore and it has migrated to the living room.

I don't know if it's the winter doldrums or what, but all the wood furniture in my living room is feeling so heavy, I want to paint it all white! But for some reason I keep stopping myself. It's so much harder to paint something that you did not pick up at a garage sale, goodwill, or on craigslist. I don't know if that makes sense? I ask myself if painting this desk will make me happier or will it just make me sad to see it changed from the way I remember it in my grandma's house?

Then there is the chest where our tv sits...it has really pretty wood inlay...should I paint that? I will show you a picture of that tomorrow, after I dust underneath.

Oh and about the desk, I know it needs a little TLC. Todd knows too. ;) lol I also do not plan on leaving the vases, crayon, and magazines on the top, it's still in transition!

PS. remind me to show you the amazing end table I also inherited from her, it will remain in my home forever...untouched.

1 comment:

Anna said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...