Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Fabric Wreath

Pin It When my dear friend, Stephanie over at room*6, made one of these adorable fabric wreaths...I loved it! I knew I wanted to try making one of my own and the perfect little spot in Evie's room presented itself for a fabric wreath.


It definitely takes some trial and error getting your strips just right, but I found that I liked my strips about 10 inches long and about 1.5 inches wide. Just use whatever scrap fabric, ribbon, or tulle, that you have on hand...and tie it in knots around a styrofoam wreath. It took me about an hour to make Evie's and she was able to help, a great project to do with your kids.

We utilized a small wall in Evie's room for some corkboards! I don't know about you...but my kids are always hanging things on their walls...holes everywhere! Drives me crazy! These boards were $2.50 from the Target dollarspot. I recovered them in fun fabrics and hung them low so she could easily reach them. I am crossing my fingers this will mean less holes on all the other walls! If you can't beat 'em, join'em, right?!


2 comments:

Stephanie said...

The wreath looks great!

Heather said...

Neat idea for the wreath that even I could do. My mom makes Christmas wreaths that are similar but uses a wooden hoop for embroidery, she puts the fabric through the hoop and that just seems too hard.

I love the fabric colored cork boards and yes the girls are the same way with hanging things on their walls though they use tape. I'm gonna try your idea.

I wish you and Stephanie lived closer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...