Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Organization Diaries

Pin It
I am the worst organizer ever. Truly.

But here are a few things that are working for me, so I thought I would share with you. I read on The Nester that if something is always lying around your home then it becomes part of your decor...so you might as well make it cute! (I am paraphrasing) That is so true. The first thing I thought of when I read that was the coats and backpacks that the kids bring in with them everyday at 3:00.

My solution was to add a little rack to the small hallway wall near their bedrooms. Each one of them gets 3 hooks and a small chalkboard. The chalkboards also come in handy for me to jot down notes of things I need to remember for school. (this week, Evie needs me to send a check for more lunches.)



The other thing that is working well for me is this little hanging rack from Ikea. I put it my bathroom...the tiny jars keep bobby pins, ponytails holders, and other items within easy reach. The hooks work great for my mirrors and brushes. Now listen, those items aren't the prettiest to look at...but I use them everyday and I love having them somewhat neat and at arms reach.



Next on the agenda...remote control storage and a new magazine basket.

1 comment:

stephanie h said...

cute, cute, cute LaNae! : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...