Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Picking Paint Colors

Pin It
I've decided to go for it and paint my living room and kitchen light blue. I love the green I currently have...but am just feeling restless and ready for something brighter! I am also going to have my hubby repaint the kitchen cabinets white instead of cream and I am going to swap out my cream curtains for white.


Soooo...the last few days I have been trying to decide on a paint color. Blue is a hard color to pick! I don't want it to feel too powdery or too "baby boy".


Here is a tip I learned from Todd about paint colors....if there is a color chip that you mostly love but you feel it is too dark...you can ask the person mixing the paint to only go 1/2 or 3/4 strength on the color. This was exciting news to me!


The first color I picked is on the bottom right and it was way too powdery. I did a lot of looking around at blogs and online rooms trying to get a feel for exactly what I wanted. Shelley over at House of Smiths has upward by Sherwin Williams in her dining nook and I loved it!! However, it was a little too dark for what I was envisioning in my space. This is where the 1/2 strength tip comes into action. The bottom left is 1/2 of the top, which is upward...and that's the color I am going with...cross your fingers for me!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...