Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fake Coral

Pin It
I love the look of coral and it fits perfectly with the beachy feel going on in my house right now...so when I read a tutorial on how to make your own fake coral, I couldn't wait to try it.

I went to Walmart and picked up a few interesting pieces from the aquarium section. The driftwood is sturdy and was $5, the coral piece was $3.77. I have since picked up a few more pieces of coral, but have yet to transform them. This is what I started with...




This is how they ended after just a few coats of white spray paint!


2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love them both! The faux coral in the dome is my favorite though! It looks so real!

Kevin said...

Can you share a link to the tutorial? I'm thinking of making some fake coral for a costume.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...