Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Green Beans

Pin It
Isn't it funny how the simplest things can become some of our fondest memories? My grandma and grandpa had a big garden. The garden was filled with tidy rows of everything from cabbage to pumpkins. There was even a rhubarb plant. ick.

I remember snapping fresh green beans from the garden with my grandma many times.

I don't have a big garden, probably never will. But at least I can snap green beans with my kids. Thank you Meijer produce department. :)




By the way...never miss an opportunity to practice your cross-eye skills!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I love fresh green beans and the snapping too! I could eat fresh green beans cooked with bacon as a whole meal. =) We've tried gardening and it didn't work too well. For some reason I kill every plant I touch...such a shame. Enjoy your green beans!

Stephanie said...

Cute! We never snapped beans as a kid, but I did learn how to open a can of them!

I kill every plant too Heather! I do not have one live plant in my house.

Kristen said...

My husband has fond memories of his kitchen table overflowing with green beans, and it was his task to snap them all. I just bought a handful last week and I need to get more- I love them both raw and cooked.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...