Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Organizing Small Rooms

Pin It
McKinley's room was driving me crazy! Mismatched furniture was taking up too much space and not meeting his needs.




Here was McKinley's room before:




After a little help from Todd on the first shelf....McKinley put the last two together by himself!



I decided to purchase 3 cube shelves to line the long wall in his room and they have been working out great. They provide plenty of space for uniforms, pajamas, and undies.....with enough left over for him to display his most prized possesions. They also take up very little space and elminate the need for a bookshelf and bulky dresser.





AFTER:







My kids are getting to that older age where their rooms need to be more "them" and less decorated the way mommy wants. A large corkboard and magnetic board from Ikea allow him to hang whatever he wants without putting holes everywhere.





A small board with funky brackets makes a small desk, just right for homework or building a lego ship, while elminating the need for a large desk. I think it also gives an slightly industrial look to them room.




The walls are still a work in progress, but so far I added his initials over the window and found some fun license plate related pictures to hang. One license plate is off the car we had when we got married in 1998....McKinley thought was was pretty cool to have an "antique" license plate! lol



2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Looks great! Antique- LOL

Heather said...

Looks really good! I love the shelves, they look great and really do add a lot of space without taking up floor space. Great job!

Also, I meant to comment on your bedroom redo. Looks great as well! I have some new bedding, etc. But I haven't made the switch yet. I want to paint the walls a color (tired of plain old egg shell white). And set out a bunch of relaxing things like candles, indoor windchimes. Pretty much make it into a relaxing space. Your post made me remember that I was going to do that.

Keep sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...