Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Ramblings about love...

Pin It
Isn't it funny how your idea what a great date is changes over the years?

First off, thank you mom and Anna for keeping the littles all weekend. :)

A few years ago, my ideal date would have been something that took a lot of planning. Maybe a fancy dinner? Maybe going out of town?

Last night we went out for a casual dinner, he took me to TWO different craft stores, and we ended up home by 7pm...watching a movie on the couch. How boring is that?! But I had a great time just being with him.

He did bring me grocery store flowers and had the kids pick me out a Valentines day card and candy for me. I love that! Who wouldn't love a Valentine card signed...love, son. lol Secretly though, my favorite card is the Prince of Persia valentine that McKinley spontaneously gave me the other day. When I told him how much I loved it he said "well, I had a ton extra." LOL!! Kids!

I have been slowly reading "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp. Reading that book combined with some untimely deaths at our church has given me alot of things to think about. Live fully, pay complete attention to each moment, be thankful. It's so much easier to do those things than spend time looking for the faults in the people we love.

Something I am thankful for often is my parents and in-laws. Both couples have been married for something in the 40ish years range. And both couples are "real". It's such a blessing for my marriage to see that their marriages are not always roses...or even grocery store flowers.

Happy Valentines Day weekend!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Good thoughts! Love you!

Heather said...

Sounds like a perfect night with your hubby. I have that book but haven't read it yet. I just finished one that you MUST read..."Heaven is for Real" by Todd Burpo. I read it in one day and it is sooo good-the best I've read in a long time and when it comes to spirituality it may be my favorite or at least in my top two!

Tattered Tulips said...

Thanks, Heather! I will definitely check into that book.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...