Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Cream Cheese Chicken

Pin It
Remember...I am not a good cook and I don't really enjoy cooking. However, my family still needs to eat. Imagine that? Anyway, here is a recipe we have all enjoyed over the years.

You throw all these things in the crock pot:

Frozen chicken breast
One block of cream cheese
One package of Italian dressing mix
One can cream of chicken soup

Some people get all fancy with seasonings, butter, etc...not me. Just those four ingredients. (however, feel free to go nuts and get fancy of that works for you) Somehow it bakes down to this yummy chicken in white sauce that is awesome over rice or noodles with broccoli. I am so lazy I did not even take the picture on this post...but that is pretty much how my cream cheese chicken comes out looking.

This is where the super lazy me comes into play. I put a lot of chicken in there...because the leftover chicken works great in chicken and noodles and chicken enchiladas. Yes, that's right. 3 meals from one crock pot of chicken.

Chicken Enchiladas:

Flour Tortillas
Shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese

Filling:
Leftover Chicken
1/2 tub of sour cream
Can fiesta nacho cheese soup
Taco seasoning

Think lasagna, and layer the tortillas, filling, and shredded cheese however you want...bake it for about 25 minutes.

If you are looking for gourmet recipes, you might want to check out a different blog! lol These recipes feed 'em and don't keep me in the kitchen long. If you have any similar recipes, I would love for you to share them!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for sharing. I'm trying to be more of a cook rather than relying on convenience foods and take out. These 2 recipes will work wonderfully. Keep on sharing!

Stephanie said...

I love the cream cheese chicken! I think that I will make that tonight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...