Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Ballard Designs Outlet

Pin It
 
Many years ago I went to a Ballard Designs outlet store in Ohio with my friends.  I don't even remember anything about it besides walking in and out in about 5 minutes and not buying anything...obviously, I never really thought about it again.  Even though, I continued to drool over the Ballard catalog when it would come the my house!

Fast forward to now, I have been coveting one of their orb chandeliers for over my kitchen table and I mentioned this to a friend who lives in Atlanta.  She offered to run to her outlet store and check for me....whaaat?!!  A quick Google search revealed that the old outlet store I visited in Ohio had been closed, BUT there is a new store on the other side of town.  Right on the same exit as Ikea...which I have been to a dozen times in the past year!  GAAAAH!!!

So yesterday, while the kids were in school, hubby and I took a little drive (1.5 hours each way) to see if the new store was any better.  As you can see from the pictures, it IS better! I so wish I had known this store was here 6 months ago when we were buying so much furniture for the new house.  The prices were not dirt cheap, grab as much as you can carry and run out fast before anyone stops you low, but they were very affordable!  For around $100 more I could have gotten a better quality desk, coffee table, etc...than Ikea.  



Most items were 20%-40% off the catalog price and each week they run doorbuster sales and those items were a great deal!

A couple of the items this week were this lamp for $39.99.  


These small garden district mirrors were $79.99 for a set!


Even though I almost left with a rug, coffee table, mirrors, and new lampshades...our goal yesterday was lighting!  So I put all the other stuff down and focused on the mission at hand.


We ended up with the orb chandelier I had been wanting.  The catalog price was $299 (on sale!) plus $50 shipping.  I got it for $210.


We didn't go there planning on buying anything else but the chandelier...however, if you recall I have also been on the lookout for pendant lights.  We came home with two of these small Eldridge lantern lights for over the island. Retail price $149, plus shipping.  We got them for $77 each.


Finally, on total impulse, we picked up one of these Dianna pendant lights to hang at semi-flush height over the kitchen sink.  Retail price $149, plus shipping.  We got it for $77. 


Overall, it was a very successful day and I am thrilled with our purchases!  I can't wait to go back when I have more time to look at everything more slowly. I will also be keeping an eye on those weekly door busters, which they post online.  The Ballard Designs outlet was also connected FrontGate and Grandin Road outlet stores.  If you are anywhere close to West Chester, Ohio...check it out!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So glad that it was a successful trip! Can not wait to see the new lights!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...