Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Recipe Review - Greek Chicken and Potatoes

Pin It


Today I tried a new Pinterest crock pot recipe for Greek Chicken.  It was easy and yummy!

Greek Chicken

1 Small Whole Chicken (3-5 lbs.), skin removed
1 Red Onion, diced
2 Cups Vegetable Broth
1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
Juice of 1 Lemon
1 Tbs. Oregano
1 Tbs. Basil

Place all ingredients except chicken in crock pot and stir well. Add in chicken (you can keep it whole or break it into breast, thigh, leg, wing etc. This recipe also works with frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts... just defrost first). Cook on low for 6+ hours. Use a thermometer to make sure the internal temperature of the chicken has reached 165 degrees (F).
garnish with sliced black or kalmata olives and cucumber slices.


I needed a side dish and my favorite local Greek restaurant serves the best potatoes.  I went on the lookout for a recipe and found this one.  However, I was out of lemons and I didn't feel like messing with making chicken broth...so I diced some potatoes, coated them with olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano, and basil...then I poured some of the juices from the chicken in the crock pot over the potatoes!  Covered them and baked them as the recipe instructed...they were delish!

 Greek Potatoes
 Ingredients
1/3 cup olive oil
1 1/2 cups water
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 Tbsp dried oregano
2 pkgs of chicken bouillon
6 or 7 potatoes, peeled and quartered
Directions
Preheat oven to 350.
Whisk together first 6 ingredients.
Place quartered potatoes in large casserole dish, pour mixture over them.
Cook, covered, at 350 until tender. (About 1 hour)
To crisp up outside of potatoes – uncover and place under broiler for the last 5 minutes of cooking time. Watch carefully so they don’t burn!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Mmmm looks so good! I will try this. I made the bourbon chicken last week and the family LOVED it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...