Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Sewing Room - The Bones

Pin It

The sewing room is coming together!  I am so thankful that my mom allowed me to borrow her machines (plus other sewing stuff) and bring them to my house.   So far the only money I have spent on this room is for paint, counter top, and the three cube storage shelves to build the cutting table. (Which is still waiting for my husband to cut a top) Everything else is random old furniture from around the house.  The curtains, shelves, lamp, and chandelier were also decorating leftovers from other rooms.

That is why I say this is the bones of the room.  I hope that as time goes on I will be able to purchase more functional shelving and storage pieces.  I am also sure that after I actually get sewing in this room I will see areas where I need to make changes!




   The next phase is the decor, I want to get pictures and pretty stuff on the walls.  I also want to repaint the nightstand that holds my fabric scraps/patterns a fun color and get a new ironing board cover.  Today I am going to go digging in the garage for frames to make a gallery wall and I will also shop the house for a cute pillow to put on my comfy chair.






 
I highly doubt I will ever take a break to prop my feet up, sit on this cushy chair, and watch TV!  ;)  I also envision the kids being able to come in, sit, and chat with me while I am working....we'll see if that happens.  They will most likely being the ones watching TV!


A HUGE thank you to my BFF, Stephanie, for helping me organize and fold all the fabric!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh! It looks fabulous!!! All I did is fold- you did it all! I want to come over and sew!

Nancy said...

It looks awesome, I am glad you are putting those machines to good use with your talent, your room like your designs is "one of a kind", Proud of you. Mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...