Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Christmas Mantel

Pin It

First off, I don't know why...but I always want to spell mantel m-a-n-t-l-e instead of mantel.  Why is that?

Secondly, I had grand plans for our mantel this year, including many pinterest pins of over the top, gorgeous Christmas mantels!  In the end simplicity and ease won out.  

I purchased stocking hooks that I really love and a few new $5 vases.  I filled the vases with stuff I already had from years past and propped one vase on top of a $1 store candlestick.  I also picked up a mercury glass tree from Kmart.  I changed the candles to cream,  added a garland and pine cones I already owned...and called it a day!

Overall, it does give a cozy feel to the room and I enjoy the mix of shiny and natural combined with the creams, tans, and golds.



I already had the cream and tan stockings from last year, along with the glittery hanging initials.  (which were picked up from the $1 section of Target...and yes, our family initials are M E L T.  Cute, huh?!)
 

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous!!! I think that everything looks beautiful and can compete with the pinteresting mantels!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...