Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Paint Colors...again

Pin It
I'm pretty sure I've talked about this before, but I am going to talk about it again.  Paint colors. (I am using you all as my place to talk about this out loud.) The hubby says I need to pick them all out right away so he can paint the house before we move in.  I already told him the downstairs was all my brain could process right now!

At first, I was going to go tan in the entry way.  Good, right?  Can't go wrong there!  Buuut....now I am leaning towards gray.  I love gray.  I worry though that people will think my house feels like a prison....why am I thinking about paint colors for MY house that other people will like?  lol




Picking the curtain fabric for the workroom changed up my color thoughts in there a little bit.  I originally wanted that room to be dark blue, which did not go with my fabric.  I decided to go ahead with the dark blue in the dining room instead...after seeing this picture.  I already have a brown table and am purchasing 4 white slipcovered chairs.


The family room, kitchen and dining nook are easy!  They are going to get the same Upward blue from Sherwin Williams that we had in the old house.


I was pretty settled on a light pink powder room....but...hmm...after looking at pictures online, I might be back to the drawing board there.

Maybe brown instead?
And finally...light green for the workroom.  But again, I am not sure about that.  Personally, I would LOVE to go light pink that room, but I don't think McKinley would ever do his homework in there if I did that.

My thoughts were a few more fun colors towards the front of the house in the smaller, closed off rooms...and more neutral colors in the larger spaces.

Thanks for letting me talk it out and I can't promise I won't want to talk about it again! It will be fun to see what colors we actually end up with!



2 comments:

Michelle said...

Every decorating article I've read recently and every decorating show I've watched totally says gray is the new tan!

Michelle said...

http://www.washingtonian.com/articles/homes/gray-is-the-new-beige/

http://blog.muralo.com/is-gray-the-new-beige/

http://www.silive.com/homegarden/interiordesign/index.ssf/2010/10/gray_is_the_new_beige.html

http://salvagedwhimsy.blogspot.com/2012/05/is-grayish-bluish-green-new-beige.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...