Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thinking About Staircases

Pin It
One of those home projects I mentioned the other day has been our stairway.

  We knew when we moved in that we eventually wanted to replace the carpet with wood treads.  We probably wouldn't have done it this soon, but I am ashamed to say that my kids had already gotten a bunch of spots on the carpet!  It just seemed easier to go ahead with the project now than cleaning the carpet...famous last words.

Anyway, I promise I will have more details on that later this week.

For now, I am debating how I would like to finish out the stairway wall.  I honestly don't know the correct term?!  Woodwork?

Here are several options I have seen on Pinterest and liked.


Planked wall ending halfway up the stairs, this is my favorite option...but I worry it is too trendy.  I must really like this though because I just noticed I pinned it twice!  heehee


variation on the plank wall, slightly more traditional look.

matching the slant of the staircase


matching the woodwork down the entryway walls


board and batten look


2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Very exciting! I love board and batten! Who could get tired of that?

Unknown said...

Lovely images. I really like carpentry and trim work-it makes any home look more custom and upscale.
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...