Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

October

Pin It
Aaahh....it's my favorite month of the year.  Who doesn't love fall?  I think almost every person I know claims it as their favorite season!

This morning I made the kids pumpkin spice hot chocolate...just a little pumpkin pie spice in their cocoa mix.  I'm not sure if it would be good enough for Starbucks, but they sure enjoyed it!  I have heard a tiny rumor that there is pumpkin spice cream cheese from Philadelphia out there and I am going to go on the hunt for that!

 Last year I threw out almost all my fall decorations...so I am starting from scratch this year.  I wanted to get an earthy sorta natural feel from my decorations.  A picked a few new vases and candlesticks from the dollar store and added some fun colored candy sticks to one vase.  Another vase I already had, got some tall birch sticks (also from the dollar store!) while a third new vase received layers of dried beans and peas with a candle.  I replaced the summer catch all plate with a cream platter I already had.

 The front door got a new grapevine wreath from The Christmas Tree Shoppes...however I could not resist wrapping some fake leaves around the wreath.  Earthy and natural or not...I still love fake autumn leaves!  lol

Here is the rest of the decorations I came up with in the living room and kitchen....including the yarn wreath I already shared with you.

 The printable I made in photoshop with the cookie cutter tool.  The glass pumpkins came from the dollar store.  I picked up the acorns from Meijer, but also saw them on ebay...and of course you could always go out and find your own real acorns!  lol



1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Everything looks great and fally! I think the blue walls make a great backdrop for the orange and brown!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...