Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

Living Room Before & After

Pin It
About 8 weeks ago I decided to get over my fear of repainting my living room & kitchen. The paint color was a lovely green that I really did love, but it was feeling too dark and I was ready for a change. Back in January my hubby (who happens to be a professional painter, which works out well for me!) brought home a bunch of samples in the colors I thought I wanted...but in the end I just had him touch up the green...fast forward to July...I was finally ready.

 Of course...there are still lots of unfinished projects (covering the bench, I am missing a gallery photo, stainless microwave and stove...the track lighting?!...remember that list I was telling you about?!) but what is the fun in a totally finished space anyway!

I didn't really have many before pictures, here is the last I one snapped...when I look at it I can't believe I even hesitated to repaint!

Before:
AFTER:
I also recovered my cornice boards in a black & white quatrafoil fabric and got all new white curtains.  I picked up the bench coffee table for $100 from World Market.
   

The white slip-covered chairs, Ribba ledges, and frames all came from Ikea.  I also picked up new baskets for my Expedit shelf and a reading lamp while I was there.


In the kitchen the cabinets got repainted from cream to bright white.  I picked up an apothecary jar for $15 from Homegoods...the lemons came from Target.  The 3 pictures were originally Home Interiors and were pictures of vegetables...I found the vintage restaurant sign photographs and added some scrapbook paper behind them.  $.99 for scrapbook paper and a few minutes of my time was all it took for a big change above the cabinets!


 I love the large charger, which I also picked up at Ikea for $19.99.  I am on the hunt for some vintage crates to use on top of the fridge as chip storage.



2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Everything looks awesome!!! I love the total transformation~ great job!

additik said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...