Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Santa Shop Stash

Pin It
I never knew the Santa Shop would become one of my favorite parts of being a parent at Christmas time. Sure...I remember all the fun I had as a kid shopping and giving away my little gifts from the Santa Shop, but experiencing it as a parent is pure joy!

First, they bring home their envelopes where I mark who they will be buying for and how much they get to spend on each person. (Of course there is a spot where I mark that they get to buy themselves a treat.) Then they take it to school and come home with their carefully wrapped packages...the best part is they are just busting to tell me what they got me!! It cracks me up seeing them try so hard to keep the secrets. Last year watching them give their gifts to everyone in the family was the best part of my Christmas morning! $40 worth of dollar store plastic angels, golf tees, Christmas mugs, back scratchers, and Christmas neck ties leads to such sweet memories when given with all the love and innocence of a child.

I cannot wait to see what fun items are hiding in this years packages...and NO...I did not peek at the packaging slip that was in the bag of presents, thank you PTA. lol

1 comment:

Heather said...

How fun and sweet! I remember doing the shopping as a kid but sadly, the girls have never gotten to do that. I think I may take them to Dollar Tree and let them at it...shopping for everyone. They'd have a blast, so thanks for the idea! I hope you are doing well. I miss you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...