Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Covering a Lampshade

Pin It



Awhile back I fell in love with a lampshade covered in script fabric. I promptly ordered some of the fabric from Etsy! When it arrived, I promptly put it in a drawer...where it has sat for almost 6 months.


Today I was determined to recover my lampshade! I bought some spray adhesive and got to work...only to discover that I didn't have enough fabric.


I dug out a different fabric from my stash and decided to experiment anyway.



I do like this fabric covered lampshade better than plain cream, however I don't love the fabric combined with the lamp base...I plan to order more script fabric. I'd also like to repaint the lamp white. Hopefully, by this time next year I will have this little project finished...baby steps.


By the way....spray adhesive is a little tricky to work with and I used this tutorial for tips. CLICK HERE

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...