Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Pear Trees

Pin It
Here in central Indiana these pear trees are everywhere! I am sure they are planted in abundance because they grow fast and are low maintenance. I love these little trees. When winter is taking over the state with all it's grayness...they are the last trees to lose their leaves. They hang on and give us one last burst of color for the season...and just when you think you cannot possibly take one more gray winter day, they are the first trees to develop spring buds. Not only do they get buds, those buds turn to beautiful white flowers. The trees proclaim that spring is finally here!

The other day a friend of mine on facebook complained about these trees because "they smell and they are only pretty for a few weeks." I was shocked! Then saddened. Many, many times throughout the different seasons I drive around the city and soak up the gifts that these trees are giving. We are lucky to have beautiful things that God creates for us...even if it is only for a few weeks. I felt the urge to defend the little trees to her, but didn't. lol

The pear tree in our backyard is the longtime home of a bird nest, I think every year a different family takes over the nest. We are hoping this year to have some cardinals take it over.

Can you see the nest in there?


1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I have a pear tree in my front yard. We had no what it was until it bloomed this spring. I am so sad that they took out all the ones by the church.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...