Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

Painting the Kitchen Cabinets White

Pin It

To make a long story short, I love white cabinets, plain and simple.  Sadly, our builder did not offer them so I chose espresso,  hoping they would grow on me.  They didn't.  :( 

After 6 months of living in this house and wondering why my non-stop decorating was not giving it the feeling of home...I looked at the pictures of our old house...trying to determine what it was about that house that made me feel so happy to be there, despite it's too small size.  I decided a big part of it was the kitchen, I loved the bright kitchen.

After I made the choice to go white we priced out new doors.  After hearing that number, we decided painting them was good enough for us.

Then the waiting began...I had made my choice just in time for my husband's busy season of work to start.   Funnily enough, he is a professional painter and the summer time is the busiest of the year.  Luckily for me, he had last week off and he offered to paint my cabinets!

As I said, he is a professional painter...I didn't ask him how he was going to do it and I didn't hover or offer to help.  I stayed up in my sewing room furiously working on orders with baited breath!

Here is the final result!!  Oh, of course there are still a few touch-ups needed here and there and we would like to add tile (gray subway, anyone?!) and some sort of board and batten treatment to the island...but for now, I am elated!  And guess what?  It feels more like home, which makes the choice all worth it for me, even if other people think I have lost my marbles for painting practically brand new cabinets.  LOL :)  :)
Tomorrow I will post the sources of our new knobs and pulls...I will also do my best to post how my hubby painted the cabinets and what products he used. 







5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

Nancy said...

Love them, glad you are happy the way they turned out, what an amazing transformation! Way to go, Todd!!

Unknown said...

名片小屋,各式各樣名片設計案例與名片印刷品案例,不僅如此還有名片印刷各種製作規格自動線上計算下單與多種美術紙張可挑選,全台獨一無二。

Unknown said...

I actually liked the kitchen cabinets darker but to each their own. White painted cabinets are in style for sure.

crownedJay said...

GORGEOUS! I love home decor!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...