Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

My friend, Dorien

Pin It


Ages ago, when I started reselling my kids outgrown clothes on eBay, I joined a mom's forum.  The purpose of the forum was to teach and support each other with online selling.  It ended up being a lot more though.  I met many wonderful friends and that board also introduced me to custom boutique...and learning to sew...and selling my clothing...you get the idea.

One of the wonderful ladies I met was Dorien aka: Bompie.  (that was her screen name on the forum.)  Dorien has an amazing family, you can feel their love for each other right through the computer screen.  She is what I would call a positive realist.  She is always positive, but not in a "blowing sunshine..." type way.  I am sure I don't just speak for myself, but many of the other ladies as well, when I say I immediately fell in love with her and her family.  They have 4 kids from ages 9 to college.  She is also a blogger and I followed their adventures on her blog for many years.

Last month her husband, Kyle, was diagnosed with terminal liver cancer.  He's 44.

  She has been writing about their journey on a new blog called "this is what I've got for today."   She is a great writer and her posts are inspiring, heartfelt, and sometimes raw...but always worth reading.


Ever since I found out I have been hurting for my friend and her family...and praying for them a lot.  If you could send some prayers their way, I know they would be greatly appreciated.  You can find out other ways to help her family on their blog as well.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Praying for your friend and her friend, I still believe God can do what the drs. say is impossible, praying for you also, I know you are hurting for your friend, Much love, Mom

Nancy said...

*family

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...